Are you prepared for a great time in the street? Get ready…
it all does down Saturday, 10/25!
Over two miles of Cabrillo Blvd (from Anacapa Street to the Bird Refuge at Los Patos Way) will once again become SB ‘s longest public park and the streets will be yours for all forms of people-powered fun! Bring your bikes, skateboards, blades, strollers and smiles as we play in the streets without motorized traffic for six hours (10AM to 4PM)!
There’s so much to do! Let’s take a look at some highlights:
- Eight Activity Zones! Click the Activity Zone & Route Map below to view a larger Map. Pocket Maps will be available throughout our event route at SB Open Streets on 10/25.
- Healthy Local Food! We’re pleased to announce we’ve partnered with the SOL Food Festival organizers and Cultivate Events, who are coordinating local food purveyors (many of which you enjoyed at the SOL Food Festival) who will prepare and offer locally-sourced, healthy food options for purchase. A portion of the proceeds from their food sales will benefit funding for future SB Open Streets events, so eat up, energize and support SBOS and your local food businesses!
- Run Wild 5K Zoo Run! With Halloween just a week away, come dressed as your favorite animal as you run in and out of the Santa Barbara Zoo and along the Cabrillo Boulevard waterfront in a professionally-timed 5K fun race. The $30 registration fee is a fundraiser for future SB Open Streets events and gets you a race T-Shirt, 50% off same-day Zoo admission and post-race costume party! Timed results to be posted online. Online registration is HERE. Event-day registration starts at 10AM; race starts at 10:30 SHARP at Cabrillo Blvd. & Corona Del Mar!
- Costumed Dog Parade! We can’t forget our four-legged friends! Dress up your leashed pooches and bring ’em on down to SBOS for a dog parade like the ‘good ‘ol days’ on State Street. 2PM step off in the YMCA Participate Zone.
- Dress yourself and your bike up! SBOS 2014 is the Saturday before Halloween, so add your own creativity to the street celebration and don your favorite costume. While you’re at it, decorate your bike as well to complete the package! Just be sure your costume is bike-friendly and to avoid long dangling items or materials that could get caught in wheels or chains…be safe out there!
- Zombie Apocolypse? Nah, just a super-cool flashmob! Come Noon-time, it’s been said that the Santa Barbara World Dance for Humanity Zombies are known to crawl out of the woodwork and ‘Thrill the World’ at the Activate Zone stage (across from Chase Palm Park great meadow).
And that’s just a small taste of what’s happening from 10-4 along Cabrillo Blvd. Add to that FREE fitness classes, bootcamps, zumba & yoga, free massage oasis areas, dance & music performances on three stages, interactive activities & games for kids and adults, a basketball tournament, two rock climbing walls, a BMX stunt show, the Rock ‘n Skate Zone with a free skateboard clinic & Tarp Surfing, COAST bike obstacle course, surrey obstacle course, and the world-famous CEC 7-seat Conference Bike ride with elected officials!
And we’re still not done! That’s why SB Open Streets is 2.2 miles of exploration for everyone!
RIDE YOUR BIKES to get the most out of SBOS from one end to the other!
And it’s not too late to VOLUNTEER! If you’d like to help us make magic happen, SIGN UP HERE for a shift or two!
Now you’re really ready, right? Great…we’ll see you in one week, when